If your computer has been infected with a deadly virus or you have heard of the dangers and want to get some virus protection software, the best thing you can do is to use the best antivirus software available. With almost all the latest new technology stories this year being security related, it is no doubt that one should be looking at the best antivirus software to make sure their most private information is kept from unwanted prying eyes. The task of having to choose the best antivirus software from several others is always a difficult one, mainly because all of the companies which design antivirus software swear that theirs is the best.
Some of the major features which one should look for when buying antivirus software is of course the ability for it to detect not only the viruses that are wreaking havoc on computer system, but also the bugs that would most probably infect your PC in the not so distant future. Another very important feature of choosing an antivirus for your PC is its performance and the quality of its implementation on your system. Here, you will know and learn the best 10 antivirus that would greatly help you to secure your private information. Check these out:
- Norton Antivirus- The Norton Antivirus was developed by Symantec Corporation. It removes and detects adware, spyware, viruses and other possible risks to computers. This product is also sold as a component of other Norton software program. Norton Antivirus was first released in 1990. It is no different with other standard programs of this kind, Malware, rootkits, keyloggers, worms, spyware and viruses are the main focus of the Norton Antivirus. The Norton Antivirus prevents similar programs and viruses from penetrating the computer system. It works without disrupting the regular use of the personal computer. Apart from this, it does not interfere with music or software download, internet surfing and other online services.
- McAfee Antivirus- McAfee antivirus software is known in different parts of the world. It is considered as one of the top players in online time and protection. It has a reputation for effective security at all has developed a new set of tools for maximum protection. Some of the benefits it offers include blocks malware downloads, very effective protection of a clean system, improved protection of SiteAdvisor, fast scanning for malware, improved cloud of active protection and simplified interface.
- Trend Micro Titanium Antivirus- It is an antivirus program that has the ability to protect your PC from malware threats like Trojans, worms, spyware and viruses. It is equipped with tools to protect it from fake antivirus software and this includes protection on a Macintosh. Some of the most prominent features of this antivirus program include on-demand scanning, outbound e-mail protection, anti-Trojan protection, anti-spyware protection and anti-malware protection. This antivirus software has an anti-phishing device that protects you from phishing e-mails and websites sent by lawbreakers looking to take your money and personal details.
- Panda Antivirus- Panda Antivirus has many tools and features that are designed to protect your PC from hackers, identity theft, and malware. It works with Macintosh and Microsoft Windows operating systems. The AV Test has certified Panda antivirus as one of the best antivirus programs. It has a cloud-based system known as Collective Intelligence with goes through thousands of files daily to separate the malicious from the genuine.
- AVG- The features that separate this from the rest are its integrated browser surf shield, links scanner and its identity theft recovery module. AVG protects your computer against malware, adware, phishing scams and hackers that can corrupt or destroy your files. According to a research, AVG has 95% detection rate as compared to its counterparts. The software comes complete with a database of virus definitions that is updated on a regular basis for free. This update occurs in the background automatically so that there is no chance of you forgetting to do this. The software will protect against viruses that are attached to emails and allows you to scan all documents that are imported to your machine before you open them.
- Avast- Although this has only a limited number of features, most users say that it has the ability to protect your computer against malicious files and viruses. Some of the features that you may expect include the anti-rootkit built in, P2P and IM protection. There are lists of IM and P2P programs that are supported, so check them out to see if Avast can protect the system you are using. Another noticeable feature of this software is its virus chest. This is like an ordinary folder in your hard drive where you can store files and then lock it up with a key to keep it secured.
- Avira- This is consistently on top among the best antivirus freeware programs. It has the capability to scan both external and internal hard drives and can even run preloaded scans for rootkits. It is also equipped with internal security that prevents phreakers or malware, viruses and hackers to change its internal codes and structure. Avira antivirus has a professional version that you can obtain for a minimal fixed charge. Some of the main features of this antivirus software include Netbook support, AHeAD technology, generic-repair mode, anti-spyware and email protection. It also features a lot of custom scanning option making it very useful for scanning devices. Using its AHeAD technology, this antivirus software can detect unknown virus by profile.
- Microsoft’s MSE- This antivirus software was launched by Microsoft in the year 2009. It is considered as one of the best and most popular antivirus programs. It has the ability to handle all the viruses and malware on your system. The best things about MSE are its simplicity and a lightweight design that makes it best suited even for the older machines. Its user interface features very basic functions that can be understood even by those who are not very computer savvy. This antivirus software is available for free download and you need not upgrade it to any professional version. You can even use it for business purposes legally and believe it or not, you need not pay a penny for it.
- Bitdefender Antivirus Plus- If you are looking for great tech support, robust virus protection and small footprint, Bitdefender Antivirus is the best antivirus to consider and use. It uses the newest technology to cover its users on every angle from protecting them from malware, viruses, worms and Trojans. This antivirus software has the ability to scan the entire email, web and IM traffic. It provides users with a rock-solid internet security solution which is capped off with an enticing price point.
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus- This antivirus software has been quickly recognized as top antivirus software due to its quick installation and user friendly graphical user interface. It features a clear-cut detection of active rootkits, utilizes a combination of filtration methods, efficiently recognizes unknown and known threats and allows users to carry out a system restore.